The Department of Social Welfare and Development is here for you. If you are eligible, you may be able to receive assistance with your educational expenses through the DSWD Educational Assistance program.
ABOUT DSWS EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE
DSWD Secretary Erwin Tulfo has officially announced that DSWD Educational Assistance will be distributed to qualified indigent students every Saturday until September 24, 2022. The details of the announcement are listed in this article.
It is recommended that you register via email and avoid walk-ins to avoid crowding. Wait for an email confirmation from the DSWD before going to the Central Office.
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PAYOUT LOCATIONS
- DSWD CENTRAL OFFICE
Time: 7 AM Onwards
Dates: Every Saturday from August 20,27; September 3,10,17,24
- FIELD OFFICES will serve residents who live outside of the NCR.
WHAT IS AICS
Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation.
WHAT IS DSWD EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE
Educational Assistance is financial assistance provided by the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) under the AICS (Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situation) program.
This support is intended to help students pay for school-related expenses such as school fees, supplies, projects, and allowances.
WHO ARE THE STUDENTS IN CRISIS
The following are some examples of students in crisis.
- Working Student
- Orphan or abandoned person living with relatives
- Child of a solo parent
- Parents are unemployed
- Child of an OFW
- Child of an HIV victim
- Victim of abuse
- Victim of a calamity or disaster
EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE PAYOUT
- ₱1,000 for Elementary
- ₱2,000 for High School
- ₱3,000 for Senior High School
- ₱4,000 for Vocational or College
- * A family can receive educational assistance for a maximum of three people.
TWO WAYS TO GET EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE
Visit the Central Office or one of the Field Offices.
Send an email request to CIU.CO@DWSD.GOV.PH
Wait for an email confirmation from the DSWD before going to the Central Office to avoid crowds. The date and location of your assistance, as well as the documents you must bring, will be stated in the email.
REQUIREMENTS FOR GETTING A PAYOUT
- Proof of enrollment.
- Authorization letter (if the applicant is not available).
- Valid ID of parent or guardian, as well as students in college or taking vocational courses who will receive the educational assistance.
- Cental Office Crisis Intervention Division: 7 a.m. until all clients for the day have been served.
- File Offices: 8 a.m. until all clients for the day have been served.
- Educational assistance is provided only once in every school year.
- A family can receive educational assistance for a maximum of three people.
LOCATION OF DSWD FIELD OFFICES
The DSWD Field Office Address and Contact Information by Region, as well as other information and announcements on their respective Facebook pages, can be found by clicking on the links.
If the information you’re looking for is unavailable, get in touch with them via their messenger service or give them a call straight away at the numbers indicated on their contact page.
- Region I – Ilocos Region
- Region II – Cagayan Valley
- Region III – Central Luzon
- Region IV‑A – CALABARZON
- MIMAROPA Region
- Region V – Bicol Region
- Region VI – Western Visayas
- Region VII – Central Visayas
- Region VIII – Eastern Visayas
- Region IX – Zamboanga Peninsula
- Region X – Northern Mindanao
- Region XI – Davao Region
- Region XII – SOCCSKSARGEN
- Region XIII – Caraga
- NCR – National Capital Region
- CAR – Cordillera Administrative Region